Having new asphalt paving in Lufkin, TX put down for your parking lot or driveway is a big investment, and finding ways to make sure that you protect this investment in every way possible is likely a top priority. Here is a list of tips that can help to protect your asphalt, and subsequently extend the lifespan of your pavement:
- Avoid heavy vehicles: Large vehicles that carry a substantial amount of weight can wear down your asphalt pavement over time. Try your best to minimize the loads your property has to bear by keeping the traffic flow of large, heavy-duty trucks to a minimum if at all possible. One simple way to do this is by moving your garbage dumpsters to the edge of your pavement so that heavy garbage trucks won’t have to drive and rest on your asphalt.
- Allow for sufficient drainage: Standing water is one of the biggest enemies to your asphalt, and if you notice this issue anywhere on your pavement, you will want to call your contractor right away. If water begins to penetrate the surface and makes its way to the base of your asphalt, potholes could begin to form. If you are able to catch the problem before it gets out of hand, the installation of a drain should be enough to take care of any issues.
- Keep the surface clean: Making sure that your property is clean at all times can go a long way toward extending the life of your asphalt, as it will help to reveal the true condition of your pavement. If you are consistently keeping your parking lot clean, you will notice the second a new crack or pothole begins to form, giving you enough time to deal with any of these smaller issues before they become unmanageable disasters.
- Make sure cracks are filled immediately: If there are any cracks in your parking lot, you will want to make sure that they are filled right away. If water is allowed to enter through these cracks, it could wreak havoc on your entire asphalt surface. Some cracks are small enough to be taken care of with crack fill that can be bought at a hardware store, while others might be too large and will need to be handled by a professional. Either way, it will be in your best interests to get a jump on getting cracks filled as soon as you notice them.
- Sealcoating: Sealcoating is one of the most important barriers of protection that is available for your asphalt. If your parking lot is properly sealcoated, it will be protected from excess oxygen, moisture and UV rays, all of which serve to deteriorate your pavement over time.
If you need help making sure that your asphalt paving in Lufkin, TX remains in tip-top shape, contact us at Brown’s Paving and Excavation. For over 30 years, we have been providing the area with quality paving at affordable prices, and we are ready to make sure that your pavement has everything it needs for a long life of success. Give us a call today to learn about everything we can do for you.
Categorised in: Asphalt Paving
This post was written by Writer