Are you aware of concrete recycling in Lufkin, TX? When you think about recycling, the materials that first come to mind are probably plastic, glass and cardboard, but concrete recycling is a growing trend that is good for the environment, and good for the economy!
Not sure what recycled concrete is? Well, it is just what it sounds like: concrete that has been salvaged from one work site where something has been torn down, and transported to a second worksite where something is being built.
In fact, there is a growing market for crushing concrete in Lufkin, TX so that it can be recycled. And if you are someone who cares about keeping your environmental footprint relatively small, this option could be perfect for your next concrete project. With that in mind, here are five benefits of concrete recycling in Lufkin, TX:
- Keep it out of landfills: In the past, before concrete recycling was popular, do you know what happened to concrete once it was disposed of? It went to sit in a landfill. Concrete isn’t actually a biodegradable material, meaning it would sit in that landfill for a good, long time. The world already has so much trash in its landfills—if you can keep concrete out of a landfill by using it in a new project, why wouldn’t you?
- Preserve natural resources: Gravel mining, coal, oil and gas—do you know what all of these materials have in common? Here’s one thing they share: they are all used to create fresh concrete. But when you instead choose to use recycled concrete, you are helping to preserve these natural resources, so that they can be used when they are absolutely necessary.
- Roadway bases: Are you building a roadway or driveway? Recycled concrete is an excellent choice for these projects. It is sturdy and strong enough for the job, and it will also make for a more economical and environmentally friendly project. Consider investing in recycled concrete the next time you are working on a driveway or roadway project.
- New jobs: Did you know that recycled concrete helps create new job opportunities? In fact, the team at Brown’s Paving and Excavation relies on being able to pick up and supply recycled concrete. We are happy to provide a more cost-effective and sustainable concrete option for our valued clients.
- Save water: Here is an eye-catching statistic for you: recycling just one ton of cement or concrete could save 1,360 gallons of water! Think of all the other things that water could be used for: drinking, cleaning, cooking, irrigation, etc. This is what makes recycled concrete such a great choice, especially for large-scale concrete projects, such as building a new roadway.
Concrete recycling isn’t just the economical choice for your next concrete project—it’s also the environmentally responsible one! If you would like to learn more about concrete recycling and crushing concrete in Lufkin, TX, please give the team at Brown’s Paving and Excavation a call. We look forward to working with you!
This post was written by Writer