Homeowners who have invested in any kind of paving in Lufkin, TX know the importance of staying on top of preventative maintenance. Your backyard patio, for example, is likely to get more use in the summer than in the winter, but summer can bring some intense weather—hot temperatures and sticky humid air will make your outdoor time a lot less pleasant. Luckily, there are some things you can do to ensure you have an enjoyable time on your patio, even on the hottest of days.
Here are five easy and affordable ways to keep your home patio nice and cool this summer:
- Add shade to your space: Not everyone with a patio has it covered. If this is your situation and you want to have a comfortable summer outside in your own backyard, add some shade! Adding shade is one of the easiest ways to protect yourself from the summer sun, and there are many options to choose from (think gazebos, pergolas, awnings, umbrellas and screens). All of these offer an escape from the blazing sun, but umbrellas are often the most affordable and easiest to install.
- Add area rugs: Going barefoot in your backyard is one of the best things about summer. The downside of bare feet, though, is navigating the hot patio pavement. Here’s an idea that decorates, adds style and provides your feet with a cooler walking surface: add area rugs over backyard paving in Lufkin, TX. It’s important to remember to get rugs that are designed to be used outdoors. Outdoor rugs are made from materials that are able to stand up to the elements and last a long time.
- Use ceiling fans or portable fans: If you have a built-in patio cover, consider installing outdoor ceiling fans. If not, rotating portable fans work well, too. Fans keep you cool by circulating the air over your patio so you can enjoy the outdoors in the path of a nice cool breeze.
- Get a misting fan: Tube misters and misting fans make excellent additions to any outdoor patio space. Misting fans are like regular oscillating fans, except they blow a fine mist of water rather than just blowing cool air. The mister blows cool mist all around the surrounding area or can be pointed to a certain spot. Misting fans are available in a variety of styles and colors, and some need to be connected to a water source while other options come with built-in water reservoirs. Before summer kicks into full gear, check out the selection of misting fans online or in local home stores.
- Paint your patio: Concrete patios can be painted, but consider painting it a light color, as opposed to a dark shade. Bare concrete typically gets hotter than painted concrete surfaces. By painting it a light color—say, eggshell white, beige or basic white—you can keep your surface a little cooler all summer long.
For more information about residential, commercial or industrial paving in Lufkin, TX, don’t hesitate to contact the experts at Brown’s Paving and Excavation anytime!
Categorised in: Asphalt Paving
This post was written by Writer