Concrete pouring in Lufkin, TX is a common process. This material is used in a variety of applications, across a wide range of industries. Concrete’s versatility stems from the many types of concrete that are available. Which is best for your next project?
That depends. Use the following list of common types of concrete used for concrete pouring in Lufkin, TX to educate yourself about your options and determine which is best for your application. For additional assistance, reach out to your local concrete experts:
- Normal strength concrete: This variety of concrete provides a strength of 10 MPa to 40 MPa. It is made by mixing water, cement and aggregate. It sets in 30 to 90 minutes.
- Plain concrete: Consisting of cement, water and aggregates, plain concrete contains no reinforcement. Its density varies from 2200 to 2500 kg/cubic meter and it offers a compressive strength between 200 and 500 kg/square centimeter. You’ll find this type of concrete in projects that require less strength.
- Reinforced concrete: Steel reinforcement is used to make this type of concrete stronger. This may be in the form of bars, rods or meshes. This concrete offers greater strength due to this support.
- Prestressed concrete: This type of concrete is created by a specialized process in which tension bars used in the concrete are stressed. During mixing, the bars are pressed and firmly held in place. This process makes the concrete stronger. Because this requires heavy equipment, concrete pouring in Lufkin, TX for prestressed concrete typically occurs on site. This variety is used for bridges, long roofs and heavy structures.
- Precast concrete: When structural components are cast off site and delivered to the construction site, they are referred to as precast concrete. Examples include staircase units, poles and concrete blocks. They allow quick assembly for a shorter build time on site.
- Lightweight concrete: If concrete has a density of less than 1920 kg/cubic meter, it is considered lightweight concrete. Aggregates used to create lightweight concrete include scoria and pumice. This type of concrete is often used for building blocks for decks and the long span of bridge decks.
- High-density concrete: Densities between 3000 and 4000 kg/cubic meter earn concrete the title of high-density concrete. Barytes are often used as aggregates for this concrete type. You’ll find this style of concrete in atomic power plants.
- Air entrained concrete: To create this type of concrete, technicians add foaming agents. The result is a concrete that consists of 3 to 6 percent air. Agents such as resins and fatty acids are used in this process.
- Ready-mix concrete: This mixed concrete arrives on site ready to use without further treatment. It can be mixed according to specialty requirements for a very precise finish.
- Polymer concrete: In this style of concrete, the aggregates are bound with polymer instead of cement. This allows for maximum density.
Find the Perfect Solution
Are you in search of the ideal concrete solution for your next project? The experts at Brown’s Paving and Excavation have been providing paving and excavating services for Lufkin and the surrounding areas for over 30 years. Our team can help you choose the best option for concrete pouring in Lufkin, TX. Schedule an appointment with one of our knowledgeable representatives today.
Categorised in: Concrete Pouring
This post was written by Writer